Monday, February 20, 2012

Week 47 - Exciting News !!

So Transfers were last week and to no surprise I have a new companion. His name is Elder Madsen, he is from some where near Provo Utah. He's been in the mission field for quite sometime and this is his second to last transfer.  Wow he’s such an old missionary.  But the weirdest thing is... I'm co-senior companion!? Weird !!  So transfer calls came Monday night and I knew that some sort of change was going to happen but to what extent it would exactly be, I didn’t know.  So President Lee told me that I was going to stay in 강남, and that my new companion was going to be Elder Madsen, but then he said you will be Co-senior companion !? I stopped then and ask him three times if he had said co-senior, and every time he repeated the same words "you will be co-senior, Ok". I’m fine being co-senior and all. It's just that normally you must finish your “ Pass Off ” before you become that.  Well I guess that President just trusts me enough for the greater responsibility. Anyway, here’s the Best thing of all to happen this week, it’s is that 김문종 형제님 said that he thinks that this next month he will be baptized. I don't know what is holding him back at this point but he really seems to want to get baptized.

Also this week there was a big miracle, or at least that is how we see it. So in order to get someone to come to Ping Pong Night we started making calls to member and less active members. At first it seemed like calling less active members was going to be a waste of our time since most of the numbers were bad but we kept trying anyways. During that time one of the numbers we called, called us back.  It's was this super cool guy who had recently joined the church. He told us that he always had work to do, the evil four letter word in missionary work, but he could see us earlier that day, so we agreed. At that time we found out a little more about him and that he had been a convert for only a little over a year and half and that he had meet the missionaries in Malaysia and was baptized there. He moved back to Korea to become a journalist. He told us all about what he had to do for the first three months. During that time he had to live at the police station and that he barely got any sleep, like one hour a day. He said he was spending more money with traveling around to report on stories than he was making. He said the worst thing was that the church building was really close by but he never had the time to go. Luckily that part of his life is over and at this time he was thinking about coming back to church but felt that it was going to be too weird for him to start coming again.  Yet, during this same time we happened to have called him. So we hope to see him in the future at church.

Other than that things are ok. We meet this old man who I choose to keep nameless. He is possibly the strangest character I have ever met so far.  He says he likes our church and the members and thinks that we are good people.  Believe it or not the only reason he wanted to meet was to learn English, so he could be a missionary for his church in Africa. That really got me. I thought, “You are meeting with us so you can go and preach the gospel of your church?!. Well I was okay with it, until he told us that he basically wasn't going to try to do anything we asked him. Like taking a few seconds to read a verse from the Book of Mormon, then praying about it. He wasn't even willing to just read a verse. Well that kind of got to me, especially after my companion asked him if he thought that it was fair for us to spend our time doing what he asked us to do and him refusing to even try to do one simple thing we asked him. He responded in a not so clever way that “YES, it's fair.” (Ohoo) Some people, I wonder what they are thinking. Anyways. . . . .

How are you and it seems as if there hasn't been much of a winter?! Here in Seoul it has been almost the same, except it's been cold. In fact this year they have had a day with a record breaking temperature for Korea.  It was one of the coldest days ever, but it hasn't seemed too bad to me.  Plus, it is suppose to get warmer soon. I pray for that.  Also it's so sad that your first day at primary was so hard and bit of a shock. When did you get called ???  I guess that would have been last week, when your Email was erased. Well I hope to tell you better stories in the future. Oh, do you want to know some thing sad.... I have more photos of my companion’s family than of my own. It was a little bit upsetting at first but I took as... I'm not writing enough to my family or something like that so I shouldn’t expect much.  Well I'll try harder in the future to write better quality letters home. I actually found some letters I had written for home but never got mailed. Only right now i.... uh uh ... lost them again, but I’m sure they are some where in or on my desk.  Well ilovv and have to go. Opps, I meant,  I love you something is wrong with this computer. I will pray for Bishop Wadman. I miss you...

Bye...

No comments:

Post a Comment