Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Sad & Happy day for Mom & family (but mostly sad)

Yesterday we took Micah to the MTC. 
Nothing really prepared me for such an ordeal to the heart. He looks a little worried too, don't you think ?  I know there is nothing to worry about, it's just that in the last few months we have become quit close.  I can honestly say that Micah's not just my son but one of my best friend's.  (and now the tears AGAIN)
  
I know the Rhylie is going to miss him too.  I think Rhylie really loves her brother even though she is endlessly teasing and tormenting him.  Lately they always seemed to be beating up on each other, but I think it's just for show and maybe for fun !!
Wow !!  Isn't this a solemn picture.  You'd think he was leaving forever.  IT'S ONLY 2 YEARS or 24 Months or 730 DAYS or  17,520 hours or 1,051,200 MINUTES  (not forever , huh)  As you can see Hanna loves her brother too. She just hides it.
What a couple of Goofs.  Stephen absolutely adores Micah.  He really started the water works after we left Micah at the MTC.  Up till that point he was fine, but I think it hit him hard when his brother didn't get back in the car and we started driving off.  Last night he kept his bedroom door open, just in case Micah got home late. :)  Got to love the optimism.
Carlos just gave Micah a father's blessing.  It was awesome, of course.  Carlos said it didn't hit him either until we left Micah at the MTC.  He told me that it felt as though he now had a great big hole where his heart should be.  I can relate, that was how I was feeling all day.  Plus kind of sick to my stomach.
Now this is one of those rare occasions that I'm willing to post my picture, so you can see how much I love this kid.  We went to walk around the SLC Temple (It's Carlos' favorite temple).  We went inside the visitors center to take a picture of the Christus , and ended up going through a little tour about families.  Oh yeah!!  all I needed to do was start bawling again and I did of coarse, when they started talking about the importance of the family.  I love Micah, and I know he'll do great, I just wish you got the chance to hear their voice besides the occasional email. Which might not happen knowing how much Micah loves to write. Now I'm going to just include a few more pics.  I hope you enjoy them.  Love Michelle
These are just two coins he received from 2 "ward Family" families, for good luck.
                                         
We had to stop at the Distribution Center for a couple of last minute things.
We were there (MTC) a half hour early because Micah was too excited/nervous to eat, so we went to the Provo Temple grounds too.
Here we are entering the MTC.

Those host missionaries had Micah pulled out of the car and to the back before I could get out myself,
sorry but I was none too happy about that.  They could have given my a little time.
This was my last picture, I could either take one last picture of Micah or give him a hug.  I choose to give him one last hug.  By the time I let go and went for my camera he was gone in a sea of young men in dark suits.  And that was that.  The end, but not an end to the tears !!


This is one of the planters at the SLC Temple, it was beautiful and I wanted to leave on a good thought. BYE

No comments:

Post a Comment