Monday, April 4, 2011

Week 1 "First week at the MTC"

                                               
(안녕하) Hello Mom,

It was my first Pday today (Tuesday) & I was so excited to write home.  The MTC is okay over all but most everyone seems restless & tired.  The food is not bad & all the old Elders (장로)  are really friendly.  So far I have learned soo much. The alphabet, how to pray, & bare my testimony all in Korean.  The first few days were ok, but Friday……… No Saturday was tough.  The whole day you could tell we were all tired, that was the worst of it all though.  I miss you guys & I’m beginning to realize I’ll be gone two years, but Korea is still a dream to me.  My companion’s (동반자)’s name is Elder Theobald.  Also in our district there two other Elders & three Sisters going to Seoul.  I received yours & Rhylie’s letters & the package.  Thank you ! I needed to have those papers.  I found out that I leave June 6th, so I have a long time to learn at the MTC.  I haven’t taken many pictures since there are so many restrictions on where you can use them & when.  I’m trying to get as many as possible.  The feeling here is great & I feel fine.  So many of the other Elders are sick but I haven’t seemed to be affected by them.  Oh, MY ZONE or all the other missionaries going to Korea are awesome.  They have tons of respect for everyone.  They look out for everyone. They even help us with the language.  I really enjoy my zone, something else about the zone, is that they say they are the cream of the crop ! What? is the first thing I thought, but later on I found this to be more & more true.  The first thing they did was write us a letter for when we first arrived.  Then as a tradition, the old Elders make our bed the first night. They told us that this happened to them as well.  It was nice since they were weird sheets and I didn’t know how they went on.  To explain what it was to make myself not look stupid helps. It was a mini mattress thing, weird.  After that they got to know everyone and told about themselves.  Most everyone is going to Seoul.  The last things or main thing is just for the Sister missionaries.  They stand up when a sister comes to the table & then take their trays.  We are the only zone that does that.  They respect everybody & that’s nice.  I hope to hear from you soon.

Your son,
Elder Westarp

1 comment: