Friday, April 8, 2011

week 2 - "Read at Your Own Risk" (very sad snail mail :[ )

Hi Mom,

Love & miss you soo much. The email I wrote this morning was a disaster. I felt I left you with more questions than answers.  So here is my second attempt to write you.  The reason being, I was panicking through the whole email. I got brain froze . . . . . oooppps! Only 30 minutes to read my emails & then write mine, all while big red numbers (a timer) are blinking at you.  So what I’m trying to say is, I’m sorry for the short email.  So to answer some of your questions again.  I live in  room 301 an the second floor, as I said there are three other elders who share the room, Elder Hatch, Elder Cuttler & Elder Theobald.  Before I go any further I’m going to tell you again what happened last Tuesday.  At the start of the day, at 6:30 am, my companion woke up and told me we were going to do laundry. He grabbed all his stuff & ran for the laundry room, leaving me behind.  He does this often, I think he believes that the rules don’t apply to him.  On that day I tried my best to get ready & then grab all my things to catch up with him, in doing so I forgot my ID card. ( ID cards help with everything, they can be used to buy things, start the laundry machines & open doors …..) So when I got to the laundry room my companion said, “Oh, I forgot my card, we need to go back and get  it.”  Then he ran off ! I took off after him, after I found a safe place for my clothes.  He wouldn’t listen to what I had to say until we arrived at the RH  (Residents Hall)  then he asked me to open the door.  Since we both didn’t have our cards we had to wait for a half hour to get in … well no it was more like 15 minutes.  I waited there while he ran back to the laundry room to get help.  One of the other Elders in the zone decided to help us with our problem. But a way to email you was still not possible, but then a solution came from the other 동에, I think that’s how it’s spelt, he said they (the other Elders) email after they do laundry,  in a special room, since ten billion people try to use the one out of the two computers that was working that day.  There are five, but two are broken & one eats up your time.  Some ones time only lasted 15 min and then he switched computers.  So I choose to play it safe & go with the other Elders to the lab, but my companion had other plans. Time for more explanations. You see there are two groups in our district, I call them the Nephites and the Gadianton Robbers. I chose these names according to their attitudes & obedience to the rules. The group I want to hang out with are the Nephites, but my companion loves the other.  They don’t care about what they do or what they say. They laugh at those who want to be obedient.  Gym time is the worst.  There is a bit of a rivalry between the Japanese & the Korean Missionaries.  But this group takes it too far, they search them out to bring them misery.  Hummm …. Sounds familiar. Just a side thought.  So where was I, oh yah, so when it came time to leave my companion & the other five Elders (Gadiantons) stayed behind to write their emails at the laundry room.  How the accomplished this, was that one Elder waited to get a computer, this was the single working computer  .  .  .  no there was two. So, there was no big deal with that, but the after effects were the worst.  What I mean by this, is that each Elder spent like one to two hours writing their letter then they pasted it to the email and sent it, that way they could take all the time they wanted. Which didn’t leave me any time.  Next, they left for the RH to put away their laundry and get lunch, at around 12:30 pm. After lunch, they went back to the RH. While we were there, I lost my companion for the longest time.  The rest is a blur until we left to go to the Temple.  After that, we had no time to use the computers to write emails.  So I wrote a letter to Carmen …..  OH !! That’s what I did with the missing time before the Temple. I wrote your letter & got some stuff to mail it to you, but it was a blessing/miracle I was even able to do so.  My companion lost his stamps so we ran to the book store, the only thing I was grateful for that day.  So Carmen’s letter never made it there, that stinks.  I was hoping it would make it.  Your came back & so did Tim’s family letter.  Oh well …..  I miss you so much &   I  LOVE the letters I get from you.  They brighten my day so much.  I want you to know that I got your package of goodies.  I’ve shared with others to show that I appreciate them, my companion got none.  But I understand that he supposed to teach me something to strengthen me & I think I know what it is . . .   Missing the family but I’m okay now, today was the best day so far.  I went on a split like thing that enabled me to be with a different companion for a short time. I needed that !!!  Besides my companion, everything is great.  I Love the language. I’m learning so much, it’s hard but I’m getting it.  My teachers are nice and the other Elders are so supportive.  I like it here, there is such a good feeling most of the time. So how is everyone? Is the house & is the job getting done?  Is Stephen being good for you & does he know I’m gone yet?  Oh before I forget, June 6th is when I leave . . . .  YEP, 12 weeks or 십이 , at the MTC . . . .   I’m doing fine. I miss you & tell Rhylie, I miss her too.  I love you & I pray for you & the family daily.   It’s going to be a long, hard, enjoyable, sad &  wonderful Two Years.  See you then,

Love your son, Micah

PS  if there was any thing else I forgot, tell me.  I didn’t realize how much you & everybody else meant to me until I didn’t have them.  Miss you so much, bye.

PSS Oh sorry about not telling you more about every day I’ve been here.  It’s that it is so repetitive, everyday seems to be the same, I feel it’s been like a month now, but it’s like two weeks. Time has seemed to stop, like a dream or something.  I’m doing the best I can.  This was the first Conference; I got so much out of it. It has been such a learning experience, so I leave you with this  . . . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment