Thursday, April 21, 2011

Week 4 - Old District Leaving (email)

Hi Family,

I didn't find out how to write a letter before hand so I'll try my best. I'm so excited this week, it’s almost the half way mark. The older district missionaries are leaving and we will be them soon. I couldn’t find the question in the letters this week but I filled out the one sheet of question you sent. Oh, there is so much to do and so little time. It feels like I’m learning so much here. The language is awesome.  My district jokes about how we're going to make Korean our permanent language. My companion is still the same, so live and learn to deal with everything. It’s been an amazing experience so far here and I love it. Gym is getting worst now, before I would go running then go play Four Square. Now I try to avoid it as much as I can. Awhile ago some of the less um... I'll leave it at that, Elders made some of the other mission areas upset. So, now the Japan ... Oh Sorry I wrote about this in another letter.  Ok now Japan, Cambodia, and Korea are rivals. I'm by myself in all this but oh well. Everything is blurring together I can't focus at night. It’s supposed to be my time to relax and prepare for tomorrow. I'm tired and Korean is constantly going through my head. But I love the feeling here it’s so peaceful. I'm trying my best and that's all I can do. I wrote you and I’m writing letters to everyone. The days seem to be the same since I do almost the same exact thing.
Oh, The TRC...
It’s a simulation were volunteers come and pretend to be investigators... It's so weird right now since it’s in Korean and English. So, every week we go to the TRC to practice. There is a task or contact, which we do in Korean then we teach a lesson in English. Oh, that is until next week, when we will be doing it all in Korean. That will be fun... The TRC is an awesome experience; it helps me to understand that there are other people in the world and that in seven weeks I'll be finding them. I just want you to know that I doing fine and I miss you. I pray for you everyday and hope that you are doing well. oh I got your Easter package and I’m excited for that. I love you and miss you.
I'll write you more in your letters (individual),
   -Elder Westarp

No comments:

Post a Comment