Thursday, April 21, 2011

Week 4 - Wonderful snail mail

Hi Mom,
Well I finished the question sheet today.  Every day seems to be the same.  Little things happen, but only so often.  I wish I could write more, but about what !  I guess during gym there is a rivalry between Japan, Cambodia and Korea. That’s what’s happening.  It’s kind of annoying, I mainly just go running.  I’m nervous about the other district missionaries leaving us.  They help us in our Korea, so much.  Only seven more weeks.  I love you so much & I miss you.  Bye for now . . . . .
Oh, I finally finished everyone’s letters.  I still haven’t found your other sheet.  I guess you’ll have to read Stephen’s letter for him.  Tell him I miss him.  Oh, so much learning and so little time.  Korean is so cool.  It’s like math in a strange way & what ever is the easiest, is the right way.  I love the Easter card  I got, it is amazing.  I saw that Reagan was on there, is she still cute?  I know that there are so many questions that you have for me but I don’t know how to answer them.
We have been learning forms of verbs. Like this ( 주다 )  to give,   you can drop the    then add to the verb what tense & if it is a question,  so like this    겠다  that makes it the future of give,  then if it is a form of high or middle you drop the  다   again and add   니다   or  습니다   depending on if it’s a vowel or not.  Then it becomes   주겠습니다    which is  I’ll give you.  That is the same for all verbs & only the last word gets this change and if the whole sentence is future tense.  So much to take in, Right ?  We’ve been getting 2 of these each day and there are tons of them,  but it is coming, slowly.  I miss you.  I can’t wait though for the 7 weeks to be over.  I love the packages you sent so far.  I do love mom.  I’m taking tons of pictures now.  Stephen’s letter is a little for you too.   Love You Mom

Hi Dad,
How are you?  I’ve heard from about everyone else but you.  By the time the mail arrives the day is done & I’m mentally exhausted.  This is every day, so enough about me.  How are you & how is the house?  I don’t quit get what’s happening, sounds like the down stairs is done with painting.  It sounds like everyone is doing well.  I miss you Dad & I love you.


Hi Hanna,
Oh NO !! you have Senioritis !  that’s bad I hear.  You know there is no known cure for that.  So it looks like you are enjoying your time at the shelter.   At least Ryker, Ethel & Chaplain are getting your attention, they are cute. (these are kitties at Hanna's work)   Augh ! !  I’m sick of the food here & I think I know now why it makes me sick.  Every Friday my district serves in the kitchen & packs the food in the freezers.  It smells bad it there, some areas worst than others.  It is better than cleaning toilets though.  So as for your Senioritis, I say just do your best to work hard & set goals to stay focused.  I’m so glad you are having fun.  I wish you the best of luck with school.  Oh I read your letter over again & I don’t miss them.  There is no time here to miss TV & video games.  If fact they are no longer important to me.  The only thing I wish I could do is be there for Stephen.  It sounds like he’s having a hard time.  Well Hanna, I love you & miss you.  I hope you do well in College.                                   사랑합니다      

PS     give Brian my address or give me his

생일  행복합니다  (Happy  Birthday)  Rhylie,
Sorry I forgot to write on your Birthday.  I hope it was special & it turned out the way you wanted.  I miss you, I just want you to know that.  It seems like I’ve been here forever & I’m getting sick of the food here.  It’s the same thing almost everyday.  So when do you start drivers ed ?  The excitement is building up here.  The older   동이  have only 6 days left.  Pillage piles are building up everywhere & I’m getting cool things like posters, an iron, etc. . . . .  Nothing to make a good b-day gift though.  I wish you the Best Late Day Bday ever   사랑합니다    (love you)  I’ll try to draw you a picture, some of the older  동이   want one too,  but I want yours to be the best.  I miss you Rhylie,   사랑합니다    Just enjoy life, treasure every minute of it. Only one chance to be a kid . . .


Stephen ! ! !
I miss you little buddy & I hear you are lonely.  I know you can do well in school. You are a smart kid.  Oh boy, I didn’t realize how much I’d miss you until I left.  I didn’t realize a lot of things.  Like what’s important, what I should do, what really matters to me.  I pray that you do well in everything you do.  You are smart, creative & determined.  Make going on a mission you goal.  It has opened up my eyes & I’m taking more things to mind.  Stuff I never thought of before.  Read your scripture, they will help you more than you think.  I know that it is hard, but you can do it.  I’m so excited for you.  Do your best & remember I love you.  You & Me Best friends forever.  Oh, the little picture you drew on my package was awesome.  You are amazing.  I love you Stephen,   사랑합니다

Love Elder Micah Westarp




This is a letter to a friend

Daelin  Yah,
Things have slowed down so much now. So가메하매하  ! ! !  I don’t know final flash yet so this will have to do.  It is so exciting here & I say the food isn’t bad (it does things to you)  Sorry this is the first letter I wrote to you, the Seme’s must stick together.  I have twelve weeks minus 4 now. WOW, so many things are going through my head, which is so little, use yours well.  I miss hanging, which I will make better in 2 years.  The Korean’s are awesome & I love them.  I’m so excited, I’m trying to get better at writing to others.  This letter is one of many .  Kakarat Daelin, (brat)    the time seems like an eternity since Portage.  It’s now 28 Apr & I can’t wait until I’m in Korea.  Oh, how are you & what is going on?  Any luck with Mindee?  Oh tell Ben SORRY, I forgot to send a Bday card.  WOW, 2 years of  this, there is nothing better.  Bye for now, archfriendsish.
우리의신간와습니다  하지만  위리는들아겠숭니다

No comments:

Post a Comment