Saturday, April 16, 2011

Week 3 - Snail Mail

Hello Again,

Today was rough again.  I forgot my stuff, Again ! So I don’t know the new questions you asked last week.  I will say this, if you want me to answer your questions, as soon as possible, send them before Tuesday.  I don’t receive them until after 5:30 pm that day.  So when I finally get them the day is over. So far how am I ? better.  My  Companion is sick of his little pals & their pranks.  This means we’re not hanging out with the Gadianton Robbers anymore. So , Hooray !
It’s been a better week so far.  I just got my stuff and read over it.  The problem with my companion is solving itself.  You can’t be rude to others & expect kindness back.  So the cookies were Rhylies, they were good.  Every one who had one liked them.  Thank you for all the letters & stamps.  Oh, your letters are filled with characters like &#%$^ when ever you put the proverbs & scriptures in Korean. Oh for the cream of the crop, they explained that the Korean Missionaries have the most potential. The Koreans expect that from us, so we need to do our best.  They also say you can tell who didn’t want to be a missionary when they come back really good at ping pong.  It was crazy here on Thursday , someone changed our clocks to ring at 3:15 am, 3:30 & 3:45 ……. It was horrible.  It’s to noisy in the laundry room today, I’ll try to write an awesome email,  Bye.

(This was added to Micah’s letter)
 Elder Westarp is the best missionary in the MTC.  From Sister Lund

(2nd letter attempt)

Hello Mom,

I don’t have much time to write this week, it seems that the days are blending together.  But it has been a better week.  Monday was particularly good.  I woke up and thought  “Heavenly Father Loves Me !”  With that thought it made everything easier.  Even my new personal goal of reading the entire Book of Mormon in ( 몰몬경 )  Korean.  I have a Korean version now & I’m trying to read it often, everyday.  Another reason this week was better was because of the humbling trials of my Companion.  I’m not happy that he feels discouraged, I feel happy that he’s coming to know that you can’t treat people poorly & expect to get kindness back.  The worst was when he rudely asked our teacher, who is a Sister, if she just woke up.  OOhhh, she was so upset, she did not tolerate  his foolishness the rest of the day.  So the biggest question is will he learn from his mistakes.   Oh, a Sister Lund wrote on one of my letters this morning.  WHY?  I do not know.  It was acquired from me, then she asked me lots of questions, then it ended off with her asking if she could write you &  the rest of the family.  That was weird.  I find her very opinionated.  My Companion & her were arguing about policemen today, my companion was a cop like thing or something, I’m not sure though.  I forgot where I was going with this … so… Oh Sister Lund and her companion, Sister Allen, are two the kind missionaries who are there for me.  Also Elders Russen & Miers.  Everyday they ask everyone,” Is there something I can do to help you?”  There are many other people who look out for others here, but Elders Miers & Russun are the most ready to serve others, I feel.  Life is good & the food is okay.  It doesn’t really agree with anyone here, but it’s not that bad.  Oh oh, the Koreans ! This last week the native Koreans arrived at the MTC.   It is so cool having them here.  It makes all of us, the whole zone, want to be in Korea, RIGHT NOW.  Only 8 more weeks to go.  I can’t wait until then.  The last week I’m supposed to get my last hep shot, yeah, the week I leave the MTC.  So all is okay here.  Oh, Hanna had some questions about the MTC.  So, what we learn is the gospel , how to teach it, the Korean language & the culture.  I found out that you should do most things with two hands.  When shaking hand, the closer your hand is the more respect you show.  Never slide or toss , Anything.  Always hand it with both hands & receive it in the same way.  When sitting (which is on the floor) don’t have the bottom of your feet pointed at someone, it shows disrespect.  The head is important too, so don’t touch the top of someone’s head, it’s disrespectful.  Oh I eat Kimchi & it’s pretty good.  Also at the MTC we have a goal to make at least three contacts in Korea.  That is all I can think of for now.  I love you so much & I miss you.  So how has everyone been?  Has the work on the house gone okay?  Has Stephen been good for you?  Tell him I love him.  I’ll try to write more.

Love your son,
Elder Westarp      (노인  위스타프)

No comments:

Post a Comment