Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Week ?? - Newest Email 8-23-11


Lol and Blessings!  Wow, today has been very busy, we just got back from the Temple. So what has happened this week. The week started out slow with no appointments and every less active member we went to visit wasn't home. So, we decided to work on organizing the Area books. It seems that no one has done anything here for about three years. I can't remember if I told you about the one less Active we meet awhile ago. She told us that she hasn't seen missionaries in over ten years or so. And it's like that for most all our Less actives. So we found out this week, that about a fourth of them have moved away, have no address, or their number has changed. The investigator book is like that too. There is a good amount,  I would say about half of them don't have any information about them. It's all clear now and we can focus more of our time finding people instead of cleaning up some else’s mess that they left behind. Ok, so during that time the bishop called us and asked where we were. It was a surprise for us and I was confused. It turned out that he invited us to a 식사 (meal or dinner). My companion wanted to say we were busy since, we had just eaten.  However, we couldn't lie to him and went to his house. Because we were late they had eaten already so, we enjoyed their company while we ate it was weird.  They gave us this soup of rice and a cooked chicken. I tried not to think about it too much. It was nice and their family is really friendly. The next big thing happened on Wednesday. We were street boarding by the Home Plus that is just down the road from our apartment.  We just began, when we meet this man named Christopher. He is from Sherlonca, (I don't know how to spell it.) He spoke english which was nice, and he was extremely friendly. We talked to him for about an hour or so about the Book of Mormon, Jesus Christ, and the restoration of the gospel. He was really open to us and he listened to everything we said. We noticed that when we talked about Jesus visiting the America’s he was surprised or excited in a way. He thanked us and gave us his business card. We also gave him our card and a copy of the Book of Mormon. It's sad though, we can't meet him this week or ever. He's going back home this Sunday and does not have any free time. At least we have his email. We hope to help him out that way. The next person I want to talk about is one of the students in English class. We think that he could be ready to hear the about the Gospel. To make things clear I will explain more. You see we split the English class into two different times. The first half we spend on mainly teaching English. Then we teach about our church and the gospel.  So during one of our lessons we taught about the temple and how families can be together forever. He loved the idea and wanted to know if his family could also be together after death.  We taught that people who are married in the temple could live together.  His next question was a little bit of a shock.  He asked what about his grandparents, did he have to live with them too. He then told us about how he hated them. Ahh, what to do!!  My companion came up with some vague answer then said that we were out of time and that we needed to end class. The lord has been blessing us more than I've thought.
I love you mom and I hope that the house is coming around. It sounds like it is just about finished. That’s great. I love you so much and I still miss you. I'll continue to pray for you and I hope the girls are helping out as much as possible. Tell Stephen that I love him. Oh, I’m low on vitamins and the other things. So I don't know what you would like me to do about that. Just letting you know. Oh, and what is my PIN number?  I forgot what it was. Well it's not a problem yet. It turns out that Home Plus doesn't really have an account thing, or so I'm told. My companion suggested that I use my debit card. I don't know about that, if that sounds good to you it's good to me. I wish I knew Korean well enough to know. Well love you, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment