Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Week 23 - Tranfers again


Wow, things have been wild around here lately. Transfers are this week and I have no idea what is going to happen. We don't get the call until 9:30 tonight. So, I can't tell you if or where I’m going to be. Its’ been really crazy. Turns out that two new elders are coming into our area. So, we are moving to the sister missionaries apartment and the sisters are getting our apartment. It's a nice trade on our side. It's cleaner and bigger than where I live now. This move happens on Tuesday. My companion believes that we'll probably be split up since we know the area well. This has taken a lot of our time. We've been cleaning like crazy so when we leave it will be decent. Sorry about not writing the last couple of weeks  I didn't have cash on me to send a letter and last week I thought that I was out of money in my account. Today will be the same ,but I hope that I can send you the letter I wrote and the comics. Well more things happened this week. On Wednesday I went on exchanges with an Elder Inshino. It was great! First we street boarded in 안양 (an yang) and I talked to or contacted six people by myself also we had two street lessons. That took about 45 minutes. After that we went to a less active members home. We had a hard time finding it. We went to where we thought it should be and meet some one from another church. We shared our message and we let them share theirs. Bad idea!  They were friendly however, they talked for ever and quoted scripture after scripture. It was nuts. I didn't under stand a word and neither did Elder Inshino. After that we went to some random apartment. We were in the wrong area. The next big thing I remember is that I fooled some one. They thought that I could speak Korean. They asked me how long I studied Korean. When I told them how long they were impressed. That brightened my day. So after a while we found the location of the members home. We were three blocks over. Along the way we meet a police man. It was weird. He began to talk to us about something then he told us to follow him. I didn't understand why. I was freaked out, Oh no what did we do!!  It turned out that he wanted to buy us a drink. We got some Gatorade and sat down and chatted awhile. He's seen missionaries before but has never talked to them. He was really friendly and I enjoyed listening to the Korean words I didn't know. We shared our testimonies then left. Afterwards we found the apartment finally. No one was home. How sad. So, we went back to the church and prepared for English class. The person who normally teaches them was not there so I taught the advance class alone. It was weird, we started out with normal English, like grammar and other things. Then we had conversation time, where we just talk about a topic. I let them choose what they wanted to talk about. It was awful at first.  The first student, who was a new person, started out. He tried to make these ridiculous sentences, which ran on forever. I tried to help him speak clearer. However, it was a lost cause. He was ok at English but he really needed to be in the lower class. After he ran out of things to say others had a chance to speak.  The topic changed to missionary work. There were three students who chose to ask questions like, how you choose to become a missionary, what you need to do to go on a mission and other things like that. Also they asked about Utah and the church.  It was awesome! Later the classes combined and we shared a short message. Aso one of the three students gave us brownies at the end of the class. I later found out that one of my favorite students is a little strange.  The one who made the brownies.  It turns out that she asked before if missionaries had a vacation and if Elders Rife and Inshino could go with her and a friend to some place. Weird... after that she made jokes about the brownies, we didn't eat them... well I didn't. The next day we went to a meeting, it was long but enjoyable. Afterwards I tried to pass off again for midway and failed again. He told me that he wants me to teach more simply and that he knows that I can do better than I did.
But I don’t think he was paying attention during the test thing.  You see I started out teaching then he told me that he was lost and that I needed to start over because I was going off topic. I started over using the same exact words as the first time. And he did say anything about it.  Well I have to go love you bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment