Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Week 24 - New Area, New Companion

Things have finally settled down now. However I'm not in 금천 anymore. Last Wednesday  I moved to 가정.  It was sad.  I stayed in one of the nicest missionary home for only one day then moved to the smallest home there is.  I have a new companion, his name is Elder Gardiner. He is from Mesa, Arizona. He also was in cross country, however, it is easier to run with him than it was with my last companion. So everyday, except for Sunday, we've ran around our area. I like it here more, since we meet more people and we have investigators. So far I've only meet one and it will probably be awhile until I meet another investigator. There is a big holiday that is coming up. I can't remember what it is, but, it's kind of like Thanksgiving only it is a bigger deal here. It lasts for three days and families do things together. Oh I think it is called Chu Suk, or something like that, it means "Bountiful Abundance."  A lot of people here are going to travel to Seoul. So we will see how things go. I hate the computer I’m at. I can hardly write to you. So the lesson to the investigator was good. He understands english and can speak it very well.  He likes to practice so I guess he's been taught mainly in english. Sad though,  I didn't get to practice my Korean. I feel like I’m falling behind when it comes to speaking the language.  Anyway, he is a nice guy and he loves the Book of Mormon. He  has read a lot of it but is having a hard time understanding that there is more than just a story. We tried to give an example. Lehi's vision of the tree of life. It was a mess. He took it well but I think he has more questions that he did not understand. We taught him that if he would pray,  he could understand the scriptures better and feel the holy ghost. He told us that he would try to pray before he read and that he would pray daily. Next, we asked about going to church. Ahh, it turns out that the government is making a new train station in our area. However, to do that they needed land. Which our church building happens to be in the path of, along with many homes and stores. So, now to teach a lesson we need to go to the investigators  home or a member's house. We taught, 박윤모 at his home, so it was a nice place for a lesson. Oh about church, there is another one about twenty-five minutes away by car from our home but he lives about 30 minutes away from us so it is a long drive for him.There is another church building about twenty minutes away form his home in the opposite direction. So he said he would go to that church building. We haven't talked to him yet, to see if he went or not. Well, we will see if he did, today when we call him. Sorry for such a short letter today. I’m overwhelmed with so much change. But I think I'll like it here. The members are awesome and there is a lot of investigators. It seems that a lot of the members here know english and can help me with my Korean. Well I have to go now sorry. I love you so much. Bye

I hope to be more prepared next time.  I haven't written in my journal lately, so I don't remember what happened this week. Love you mom bye.


Ps ...Sorry for such a short letter. I understand better how you feel now or before. It stinks. Ahh, I can't think clearly, but it's great here. I’m excited since I finally passed the midway test.  Ahh, it sounds like some sort of school thing. So, now I’m working on the third lesson. I'm not worried about it, but the fourth lesson is the hardest. I’m not excited for that. I hope that I can pass off during this transfer so I don't have to worry about it any more. There are still four more tests I need to do in order to be done. Pray for me that I can have confidence in that. Well it’s nice to know that the house is coming along and has passed the inspection. I’m happy for you, I really hope that thing slow down here so that there is less to worry about. I  love you and everybody else     bye.

Hi Rhylie,
 I love you little sister. You'll do great in tennis. I believe in you & I love you. I hope that school is going well and... your job. When were you going to tell me? love you Sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment