Monday, September 19, 2011

Week 27 - New Mission Home

I had to leave for a second so it cut off. back now-

Well I don't have that much time to write you since it’s almost the end of PDay. So this week we had two golden investigators who would have gotten baptized but, at the last moment they decided that it would be better if they went to a different areas church, which is closer to them. I guess the biggest problem we have is reconstruction. The 가정 church building was in the middle of it and is being torn down. So we have to go to a different area to attend church. It is thirty minutes away from the old church. Also it is in the opposite direction of 박윤모 and 박시온, so now they live about an hour away from church. Oh, the other church is just twenty minutes away from them. So we 소개'ed them to the other Elders today. Sad... well I know that they will be baptized. Other than them we haven't had much of an effect on anyone else.  I guess there is this one 30/30 program lady named 손태영 (son tae young). But I don't understand what is really going on with her and my companion barely gets what is happening during the lessons. What happens with the 30/30 program is we teach english for thirty minutes and then the gospel. We go over to her home with the Bishop and teach her daughter english for an hour then we teach her for an hour. Our Bishop says it will help her like us more, but I think that it does nothing but make are meeting the Hour/Hour program. Well, it always starts out good with us teaching the lesson that we planned, then the Bishop takes over and throws out his thoughts for ten or twenty minutes. So I'm lost. I don't think he has any confidence in the missionaries.  He has said many times that he doesn't get why President puts two American Elders together. Well things are going good here.  The members are better. They are friendly and give us things often. Yesterday we received apples, bread and toothpaste. Oh, the next big thing that is happening here...they are getting a new Mission Home.  So I may have to pack all my things again and move to a new place in 가정.  It was the weirdest thing, the bishop called and asked if we could meet. We were only contacting at the time so, we agreed to.  It was then when we found out that he called us to help him find the new home. It took a lot of time driving from place to place. I guess they want to make this a four man area just like 금천.  My companion said that he can't wait for it. I have a feeling that he won't stay long enough to see it change. He's been here for Three transfer’s and that is a long time for someone to be in an area. He thinks that because I will pass-off here that I will be moved to another area because that is what always happens.  I’m a little worried that I won't pass-off this transfer. I can't seem to remember any of the vocab for the fourth lesson. This is almost the end too.   The last tests are just big reviews to make sure you are ready to go senior. Well that is what the past few days have been. The only other thing I can remember is that I meet a lot of foreigners this week. People from Egypt, Japan, Beguile or something, and the Philippines’.   Wow time seems to be flying by and I don't know where it is going. I miss you a lot and everyone else. It seems that this was not the best week for you. In fact it sounds horrible. That Evil dog !!  Well this is one thing good, I love it here and  what I’m doing is great. Oh, when I got to this place and a little before I found a few things. Vitamin C, and multivitamins, and I received toothpaste of the Crest variety. The only thing that I think I will need help with, is deodorant.   It seems that Koreans don't use it, and we haven't had a real nice shopping day to find it. I love you and miss you and "Stephen too". Tell every one I love them and that this is the last time I will write to them without receiving an email. Next week I hopefully will stop being lazy and draw you a comic. Love you so much. .
 -Love Elder Westarp (micah)

No comments:

Post a Comment