Thursday, December 15, 2011

Week 38 - Oh soo sad :(

Hi Mom, things were good this week. I feel I’m improving in Korean and my companion is awesome. I've been taking so many pictures, or more then before. Some of them are pretty goofy. But as for the baptism there wasn't one this week. The poor kid became sick around Thursday and his mother is worried if he goes to church that he'll get worse. It seems that she really cares about him. It was sad to hear that he got sick, but I’m gladder that it's not his parents that are trying to stop him. So far it sounds like he's getting better also we've been praying that he will get well soon. We are hoping that he'll get baptized either this week or the next. He's great ! He tells us that he's praying all the time and that he loves our church. I don't remember telling you this but, he’s been jumping around from church to church with his friends. Why?! I don't exactly know why, but he said he likes the feeling he gets from our church the best. Ya, he's a great kid. So also this week we meet with another 외국인 (foreigner), he’s from Sri Lanca, who's willing to meet with us. I meet him once before on the way to 이두환's house. I guess he really liked us since the first time I called him, he was like," oh, chin gu (진구)" which was him saying that we were good friends. So, it would have been a great Sunday if we hadn't forgotten our phone at home. Wickrama, the 외국인 (foreigner), called us three times that day, to say that he didn't have any work today and that he would like to go to church with us. How sad!? We called him back latter to see if we could meet and he said he had time around 6pm. Trying to meet him was the hardest, it took a half hour for both of us, Wickrama and us, to realize that we were at two totally different areas. He told us that he lives in ko Dan(거단) while we were looking around in ko Am (거암). After all of that confusion we finally got to the right place. I guess he really wanted to meet with us since he waited for about an hour for us to arrive. It was nice meeting and he was such a friendly guy.

So off topic ! About our "oven". It’s the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen. On top is a normal stove but, the actual oven part is what's different. It's about 1/3 or less the size and flames that come out of the top and bottom of it. More Questions right.?! I'll probably just send a picture to explain more. THANK YOU so much for the cake and stuff we loved it. The bad thing is... it's all gone now. It was the best thing I’ve had for awhile. My companion loved it so much too. He said he might send a letter thanking you. With that said, yes it's ok if you send food items instead of clothes. Also right now I still have a lot of peanut butter left. So far its surprised me that a sandwich with just a little peanut butter still tastes just as good. Yes, and if it's possible, something like Twixs or Reeses. Well Elder Han has no clue what he would like. I love you Mom. I'd Hug you if I could.

Bye....

No comments:

Post a Comment