Thursday, March 22, 2012

Week 51 - It's Okay :(

   Well this week was a little sad. We learned even though 梯僥謙 is doing good and is trying to stop drinking, he still can't be baptized until he has gone at least ten days without drinking. It makes a lot of sense for it to be that way. He already feels so bad when he falls into peer pressure and slips-up. It would be worst for him to slip-up afterward knowing he has already received baptism. Anyway he is doing good and understands why he needs to wait. Anyways, today was fun...well sort of... 梯僥謙 took us to Screen Golfing. We spent so much time there, and all I have to say about golf is that it's not for me. The whole time I found it so frustrating and annoying. There were many times I would hit the ball and nothing would happen. Sometime that was good because of the shot we made was bad. Also today it seems as though time has moved so slowly.  I feel like someone keeps pushing the pause button at the dullest part of the day.

   So this week was filled with many promises and so few meetings. However we were able to meet some new people during the week.  The first meeting was a little difficult. Our Mongolian member, who I thought was becoming less-active, just came back from Mongolia. He called us and told that he wanted to meet with us this week. So on friday we meet him and his friend. Both of them are Mongolian and are here to study Korean. They only speak a little Korean and even less English. Ahh. It was such a stressful guessing game we played in order to understand what was going on. They would say something that we didn't understand or we said something that they didn't know. Yet, despite that mass confusion, we had a good meeting and the friend liked us and asked if we could meet sometime again. Now we are on the hunt for a basketball court since he wants to play a game, then we could share something after.

   Also this week we meet this really old lady who looks ten years older than she is. It's probable because she was a teacher at some university, very stressful.  At first we thought she was only meeting because she wanted to hear about the gospel, but she was just another person wanting to learn English. aw~ every time I here that word I think of something I had another missionary tell to me. He said, “ I came to Korea to be a missionary but I feel more like I am an English teacher.”  Anyway,  she almost gave me a terrible fright at our meeting. She told us that she believed in Jesus Christ, which was alright, but then she told us how she went to her church every day to pray to God for one hour. That caught me off guard and I thought she'd be another one of those Koreans who say, "you are Eedan, you don't believe in Jesus because you have more than the Bible," saying people. But I was so wrong about her. She was calm and respectful and listened really well. She told us how she was a catholic, then she got married and stopped going to church because of her mother-in-law. And after many years she stood up to her, the mother-in-law, and told her that she was going to attained church and that she did care what others thought about her. After sometime her husband and his parents were baptized as Catholics. And the whole time I was thinking about how much faith she had to follow Christ. So after her story we introduced the Book of Mormon. We told her that it was another testament of Jesus Christ. Then she said some thing very interesting that I hadn't thought of , she said," Oh! So there is the Old Testament, the New Testament, and Another Testament..." wow, that was cool.  Oh anyways, the meeting went well and she accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon and she will be meeting with us again next week.

   Well that’s all I remembered about this week besides...HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY!!!  
So I wore one of my green ties for that day, since that’s all the green I could find. 六六六.  Well it seems that your B-day wasn't too exciting but at least there are still people who love you. Wow, I just thought how I've been out for almost a year now. Oh, it is going so fast. The time seems to be flying away and I can neither stop nor catch it. Well I hope that you and the others are doing well and that you are happy. I love you mom and miss you too. Oh, and thank you for the address’s and the photo's. So many people will be happy to look through them, more than just me. Really!!!  I'll try to send some pictures home soon as well. Love You...


No comments:

Post a Comment