Monday, March 26, 2012

Week 52 - Just a Week


Well sorry about not writing you a letter, but in my option they were not that good to begin with.  I took about Five minutes on each and sent them off. I’ll try harder to write a great letter for you next week since today was spent up with another stressful game of screen golfing. Uhg... I just didn't learn the first time did I. Well, I just hope that it piled some good (jung) with our investigator. The saddest thing is that one of our other investigators friends decided that they would also like to take us Screen Golfing sometime. Ahh! i just hope that we can't get permission for it this next time, if he was serious. Anyway, things are looking up here we have many people to meet with and they all have different days and times that they can meet. So that is a great bonus. This week was very slow and disappointing or some what upsetting. The first thing that happened was either the question someone had or splits this week. I'll start off with the question. So on thursday or tuesday we had a lesson with an investigator and the bishop, we needed someone there to be able to teach with. Unfortunately our Investigator takes the whole time re-explaining the same thing that she told us the first time we meet. I never thought anyone could or would take the time to say the same thing over just in a different way. Well then we finally got her stop and listen for two seconds. When out of the blue, she randomly asked us to explain to her the meaning of Revelations 13, in Korean! "What are you thinking lady, do you think that I’ve studied this kind of stuff for twenty years," was what I was thinking when she asked. I don't think most people understand who we really are. I feel that they often look past our age and think that since we are missionaries that we are these scripture experts who majored in the field of religion.  Anyway, that was alright in the end, we told her that we didn't know what was going on but that we would see if we could help her find an answer. Now, as for splits. Well, the day itself was not bad just that the day they chose, it happened to also be the same day as our Member Shisa (식사), or dinner appointment. Which I totally missed, our members prepared steak, potatoes and other delicious things- while I enjoyed the next morning molding bread and jam. That sucked and surely I got the butt end of that deal. Next, It would have sucked even more if the result hadn’t ended differently. S the day of my year mark someone thought it would be funny to throw a fish at me in the shower. Whoop dee doo so smart, so I got in the bathroom and prepared to take a shower, when I heard laughing and the words "Year mark". And my thoughts told me that it wasn't going to be good. So I made the decision to line up the bathroom floor with flip-flops to stop the door from opening, which totally paid off. They tried opening the door and they could barely get it to a crack. So I calmly walked over shut the door and got back in. Then they tried a second time which was when they were successful at opening the door. But I was prepared and rush behind the door to safety. Ok' this made me laugh, but right now I'm in a bad mood. So this week was not bad at all, just a little rough. It sounds like you had a hard time this week too. The only thing that I see that you should be thankful for is the great lessons you learned giving a talk and that you are at the end of Dad’s crazy Diet. Well I love you and miss you too.   Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment