Monday, January 16, 2012

Week 41 - New, Big . . . City

So, Last week was transfer calls again, which makes the whole week seem so much longer waiting for P-day to tell you where I am. Well here it goes, as of now I'm in the 강남 와드 (kang nam ward). One of the richest, if not richest area in the mission. This is a big change for me... every thing is huge and there is not a hill or mountain in sight. If you look for it, it will be near the big river in Seoul. So far we haven't been out much, once again my companion (new) is sick .... ㅋㅋㅋ. He seems to be a great companion. As for the area, it's good but the members are all so busy that most of them don't have time to meet or teach with us, sad. However on a better note, they give tons of food to the missionaries, which is awesome. So far this week I have had Meat at least once a day. The other thing that is different is that we don't live in our Area. We live in 소처 (SoChoe) with another companionship. When I first found this out I was a little bit nervous about dealing with the two extra people in the house but, latter I found out that I already knew them.  Elder Ward who was part of my younger 동기 or the missionary group that came after mine and an Elder Arveseth or something- he was in the Inchon zone with me. So the only new person was my companion.
   Now as for the investigators here...?! I've only meet three so far, which is a lot. First is 문종 형제님, he is a wonderful man who's willing to try things for himself. He seems to really understand the scriptures. Although, he may have more complex problems that he needs to deal with. As of yet he hasn't fully agreed to baptism since he is wanting to attend church a few more times before hand. He's pretty good at English and is going to the Missionary's free English program.  So we teach a lot in English. As of right now, it seems that he has gone though a lot of changes. He's working on trying to start a family, which he's starting really late in my opinion, and building a stronger relationship with his wife. Currently he and my companion have shared a lot of (information) and he seems as though he is willing to try anything my companion asks of him. Wow, this guy is great. Now another gentleman, 유수형 형제님, is great, but, he is getting a lot of pressure (부담) from his parents. Even though he is about 32 years of age he still respects their decisions. He also seems a little lost, like he isn't all there. This could be from how hard he pushes himself to please everyone around him, especially his Red Queen mother. The last guy... all I know is that he owns a doughnut shop.

   So thank you so much for that, it’s nice to know that my card will now work here now. Anyway before I forget all the questions you asked. Right now I'm at the 우제국 or post office. Usually they have computers that you can use for free. It’s nice to know that no matter where I go I can find the post offices to email home. Next, I only lost my jacket so I thought it would be ok just to buy one. hm.. what else.  So far I can't be a senior companion until after I finish pass off, ugh. Well it doesn’t matter right now.  Senior companion is just a title around here, it only matters if you are going to be living in the Zone leaders area or you are a District leader, Trainer, and so on... Or else it's just considered the same thing, which is how thing are now. It seems like my new companion had a hard time with his last companion, a greeny, and he wants a lot of the responsibility to move over for a bit to me. Well that's the feeling I got from him this week. Please tell Hannelle that I'm excited for her and that she'll do great at USU.
I love You a Bunch Mom.
Bye...

No comments:

Post a Comment