Monday, January 16, 2012

Week 42 - A New Week

I haven’t received a card from the Gibbs, Bishop Val & Karen, right?! Not yet, and I'm little nervous because of what happened last week. We were at a combined district meeting, which is pretty close to the mission office.  When they passed around letters other missionaries had received. One missionary pulled out a letter that was left behind from his last transfer, which was around Christmas time. Just by taking one look at it you could see that this letter had a hard life, but that was not the worst of it. The date on it said it was sent in July sometime. That was quit a shock to see that it took around four months to get him. Well I wouldn't worry about that happening too often to the mail, it was just a strange sight. Anyway, last week I was going to send you some pictures but... tomorrow is Temple Day. That means that Pday is tomorrow as well, and as a zone we will be going to some temple thing or some other places. So, I wanted to take some pictures during the activity and then I will send them as well. Which reminds me, when will I get pictures? Not to be too pushy but, it is a lot easier to build a (relationship) with the members by sharing them and it great to share with other missionaries. Please and thank you.

So right now my friends, investigators, are doing good and bad, well mainly bad. The two that are really committed to change their lives have a few problems. First there is 조미림 자재님 (Sister, Jo Mi Reem). She is sick right now also, I've never meet her before. Other than that she's doing alright. From what my companion says, " if she wasn't sick she would have been baptized already." And the second is 김문종 형제님 (Brother, Kim Moon Joeng). He would be doing so well if it weren't for his job. The company he works for seems to be a horrible place and has an unpleasant atmosphere. The reason for that is the fact that they constantly force him to break the word of wisdom or if he doesn’t he’ll loss his job. All I can say is, " Unfair!"  So right now that is our biggest difficulty. but he is trying so hard to change his life and to keep the commandments, which makes it harder to see this happen. Right now he doesn't have strong enough faith to stand up to his boss and ask him if he could follow his new beliefs. But now we aren't alone. His wife is seeing him change his life and is taking more care of the things that really matter. So she is also on our side for him stopping as well as his mother. The other day ago he met with us to talk about what is going on in his life. Oh, wait I need to start from the beginning. Well the night before that his company was having a company party and they were going to a 노레방, a place where they do Karaoke.  At this party they were all drinking. So he came up with a plan to get out of drinking. That was, he would sing any song they picked and he could stay away from drinking. At that time we were so proud that was trying to do what he could. But later that night we found out that his boss or the CEO of the company did not like his idea and said that he would either drink or loss his job. So... he had a little then... a lot, and after words he couldn't hold anything down. ., The only good that came from this, was that it angered his wife, who then called his mother, who came over to yell at him. So, in order to get away from them he met with us, well that is how I saw it. At that time he told us how this was unusual.  He said that before he would drink and they were fine with it. Now, his wife and mother have changed too, since he is changing.

Wow, that was long. Before I forget I'll answer your questions. So my new companion is Elder Dyck. He is from California and we get along just fine. As for the other missionaries, things just get crazy at the house. It's hard to study and some days things are just so strange. The three of them have such similar personalities with me, it's weird. But it's a lot of fun. The only problem is with my companion and his fight against going to the doctors. I don't blame him in anyway, it's just that everyone has told him, including President Lee (/Ee), that he should go to the hospital. So thats in our plans for today. At this point he has already received a priesthood blessing but he’s still ill. Now for my Vitamins.  Right now I have vitamin C. It seems that many of the missionaries don't like the stuff and decide to leave bottles of it at most of the houses.  Vegetables, fruits and meat- I'm eating all of these, thanks to the members, so there is no problem there.
Well I have to go,  Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment