Friday, October 28, 2011

Week 32 - Very Mysterious

Thing are going great here. Our new investigator is doing great and has called us every single day this week. He is keeping us busy. He is such a nice man and is so willing to listen. Too bad he’s not progressing too much, he's not reading the Book of Mormon. He’s been busy with the move and it's been hard on him. He’s almost done though, so that is good. He really likes us. He has told us that we could come by any time and rest if we had a break. He gave us the password to the door and he said he would give us a key. I think he thinks that we don't have any free time and that we work all the time. Wow, he is such a mysterious guy. We still have no idea what he does for work and why he has traveled all around the world. It’s crazy. Also He was telling us today about his high school. I guess he lived there during that. Anyway he's doing well and he is still willing to meet with us. He is the coolest investigator I think I’ll ever find. Knowing French, Russian, and English... Wow. This week he told us that he would come to church and that he would begin to read the Book of Mormon. He seems to be well prepared. But, he drinks a lot of coffee. That and smoking may be the biggest problem he'll have to face. Coffee more than smoking, though he wants to quiet and this might just help him to do that.
   Other than that not much has happened. Pass off is at a stand still for now. We can't seem to find a day that we can meet. Either we have an appointment or they do. Well I'm glad to know that there are others that haven't passed off yet, and they have been here longer than I have. Sorry the letter is so short I can't think of anything that we really did this week besides help 이두환(형제님), (brother) Ee Doo Hwan. The language is slowly coming, I guess. I've tried not to second guess myself and I find that 60% of the time I can guess what members are asking me. Other than that it's still hard. I guess I just need more practice and patience. I’m loving Korea and the people. Also I know how to make two types of Korean foods, 떡보기 and 김치지게..? I don't know how you spell them. (Tteokbogi  and Bae Choo Kimchi , Hot and Spicy Rice Cakes and Spicy Cabbage Soup) Well, Things at home seem to be a little sad with the computers, etc... Well I’ll pray that you can make it through these hard times. OH!!! Thank you for the package. I loved it !!! This week we had president interviews and the mail came earlier than it usually does. Well, it seems that my typing skills have not improved over this short time. Anyway. I love you and miss you too. Hopefully I will get the time to write you this week.

Love you. Elder Westarp

No comments:

Post a Comment