Monday, July 30, 2012

Week 68 - No stres :)


Hey, Every one back home, how is it? I'm not sure if mom reads 
these letters out loud or just shares some of the details. I 
think it's the latter. I just wanted to say to everyone else 
as well. Hi... 
   So, another week is gone and as usual I’m not sure what to 
write about. This week felt as if there was a lot that went on, 
But, we only met a few people this week. We spent most of the 
time running here and there for this and that. I don't know 
what's going on but I’m tired all the time and feel like I have 
no energy. But on the bright side things could be a lot worse 
off than they are. This area has several people we are still 
meeting with and wonderful members that we can turn to for help. 
 
   So the week started out with our investigator cancelling on 
us and getting caught out in the rain. But we were able to meet 
someone we found before. He still wanted to come to church; 
however he wasn't willing to come out Sunday. Which really 
confuses me. It seems that the other churches here don't really 
require anyone to sacrifice their time. You can go anytime you 
feel you have free time, like some sort of hobby or something. 
I can't understand why people can think that they get anything 
out of going to that kind of church. Anyways, we also tried 
meeting the many less active members in our area. We were able 
to catch several people. One man was a hair designer. He seemed
to be doing well but I just didn't understand him at all. He's 
been less active for at least the past ten years or so. He reads 
and prays daily yet has no desire to come to church. Also this 
one member a couple of years older than I, wants to go on a 
mission but doesn’t want it enough to change. The saddest thing 
he said was a question, asking if he could still go when he turned 
thirty. I felt that meant, (I'll come back to the church latter 
when I'm older.) It was such a heart wrenching visit. Hopefully 
we'll meet him enough to help him find better help. But on
the bright side, we attended a baptism on Sunday. My companion 
is the District leader so he interviewed the person. It seems 
like they'll stay active too, they've already been attending for 
one year now and  they haven't really missed a day since. That 
brought hope to this week as well as our meeting with Lee Young 
Rahn 자매님. She has been a handful and she is so out spoken about 
her feelings and her actions say otherwise. The last time we meet 
with her, she talked about how praying was a sign of weakness and 
that placing faith in something you can't see is foolish. But at 
the end when we asked her to pray she said yes and then asked for
help on how to pray. She’s weird... but she seems like she’s just 
a confused soul looking for answers but too proud to openly admit 
to it.
 
  Well I've been fine and sleepy this week. I'm finally realizing 
that this time is short and that at some point there is an end 
to it. I love you Mom and I miss you too. Hoping for the best for 
you.
 
Bye...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment