Monday, July 30, 2012

Week 69 - Keepin busy


It's seems that there is a lot that is going on back there. 
It's just going to be a test of patients. As for Hannelle, 
that is a totally different story... Right now it's hard for 
me to understand the fear you have especially since I'm staying 
in Korea. I've gotten the sense that it’s safe even for a three 
year old child to run around the streets unsupervised. People 
here and people there are so different; I still can't believe 
what kinds of things go on. Anyway~ I hope that it works out 
for you two. And for Rhylie... just keep strong and do what 
you do, She'll still be that little airhead we all know.

  
   So for me.... This week has tried my patience and my strength. 
Out of all of appointments, we only had two come through. The 
first was the most difficult due to misunderstanding. We had 
finished our lesson with a sister Kim Bow Ryoung (김보령). And My 
companion had the thought to ask her about baptism. In our mission 
we call it a soft baptismal question. So he said," Sister Kim Bow 
Ryoung if and when you come to know that our message is true, will 
you be baptized". At that point she flipped out and went on how 
this was not what she was expecting nor what she came for. That 
she was happy with her religion and did not want to change. 
~I still can't figure out, how people think that they are getting 
something for nothing. Nor can I understand what they think when 
they find out that TWO MISSIONARIES are going to be teaching 
english. You'd think that they would understand that the first
priority of the missionary is to teach the gospel then serve the
people. Not the other way around...~ thankfully we had a wonderful
member there, our ward... mission... leader?, Who calmed her down 
and got to the point. That we were missionaries but were not 
forcing her to change but that she should try for herself and see 
if what we shared is not true. It seemed that she was alright with 
meeting again and that she would try to have an open mind. We are 
now waiting to see if she'll meet us tomorrow.
 
   Also this week we meet a new person in our english class. He 
has come in the past but this is the first time we've both seen 
him. He seems to be an upright person but doesn't take the gospel 
for anything but educational or a sort of hobby. But he's much 
more open to it then those who come normally. The strange thing 
was, he was the only one to show up this week. And as for sister 
Lee Young Rhan, she was sick Friday so she had to cancel this week. 
So nothing new with her. 

   This is so hard... I didn't realize how much work it would be. 
I'm thankful for this opportunity and blessing. I just hope I can 
stay awake for the Quarter or so. I love you so much and hope that 
things work out for you at home.
 
Bye...

No comments:

Post a Comment